Monday, August 14, 2006

My grandfather past away at midnight on 8-11-06. I've been a bit numb since my sister called to tell me Saturday morning. It wasn't really a surprise given his health but it's still hard to imagine him gone. Grandma looked so frail on Saturday, won't be surprised if she doesn't last long herself.

It's been a couple days now and I'm still a bit numb. I'm able to have a couple days off this week for the funeral, won't be paid time off but it will be nice not to be here. I've already had two calls where passengers have either lost or are losing loved ones. Those are always tough but tonight they are harder to deal with. At the moment I'm trying to process a ticket for a guy trying to get to his sisters side before she dies. Pretty grim. I feel I could use a stiff drink.

My supervisor did say if I needed more time to let her know but really, sitting here and taking calls keeps my mind off of family problems so I think staying at work is a better idea.

No comments: