Thursday, July 01, 2010

Making Things for Etsy, Ebay....

So I have decided that I need to try this thing called Etsy. I have quilted and sewn for years and love creating little interesting things. While I have never considered my quilts to be worthy of most crafters out there, they do have that homey feel. I use mostly old jeans with used blankets for the batting. This helps to recycle items and makes the weight of the quilt quite nice. I have one that I am currently working on and will put up for sale soon.

We also have a ton of clothes pins or as we like to call them...C-47's. :D I have researched different things to make with them and am in the process of creating several items. Not sure how they will fare but it is a fun endeavor.

I now have an Etsy account...figuring out a name that I liked was challenging as I decided "Jimmiedean" would make people think of sausage and since I am not selling meat....well, yeah. I have been wanting to listen to 'Nickel Creek' and was listening to "The Lighthouse's Tale" when I decided against "Jimmies Attic" (or porch, garden, etc) and came up with "Lighthouse Treasures" I think it will be juuuussssst right. :D

So....off to create.

No comments: